180 g Penne pasta
200 g bacon, chopped
180 g chicken breast cut in half horizontally
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 small onion, finely chopped (brown, white or yellow)
3/4 cup (185ml) heavy cream / thickened cream
1/2 cup FRESH grated parmesan (or 1/4 cup store bought grated)
Can add peppers or mushrooms
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for time per packet MINUS 2 minutes (finishes cooking in Sauce).
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until golden, drain on paper towels.
- Season chicken on both sides, cook in bacon fat, 2 minutes each side.
- Over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and onion, cook for 3 - 4 minutes until onion is light golden and soft.
- Add cream, about 3/4 cup pasta water and parmesan. Stir, then simmer for 2 minutes until it reduces slightly - you don’t need to be exact here. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add pasta and toss gently in the sauce for about 1 1/2 minutes. The sauce will thicken and coat the pasta, do this step until you get the sauce consistency you want. If your sauce gets too thick, add a splash of pasta water.
- Toss through bacon and chicken.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parmesan and parsley!